Our Portal supports you in making more informed Cloud Provider purchasing decisions and putting you in control of your cloud spend.
As a Guest, the Portal will help you see what you can save with Strategic Blue and guide you through the process of understanding which of our Service Plans is best suited to you. At all stages you will have the opportunity to contact our team for additional help.
Once you have signed up as a Customer, you will gain full access to our services, including a dashboard displaying your Cloud Cost and Usage trends and insights.
When these terms apply
These Terms will apply to you when you access and use the Strategic Blue Portal (the “Portal”) whether as a Guest or Customer, until you delete your account or any agreement between us is terminated.
By accessing or using the Portal you agree to be bound by these Terms.
We recommend that, wherever possible, you print or save a copy of these Terms for future reference. We may update the Portal service by adding or removing functionality, changing its features and/or its design at any time. You may have to accept the latest terms and conditions before you can access the Portal.
These Terms apply to all Guests and Customers and any others who access or use the Service.
There are other terms that may apply to you
These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our Portal:
2. Setting up an Account
- When you create an account with us (your “Portal Account”), you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. It is your responsibility to update your information and inform us of any changes to your details. If you don’t, you will not be able to enjoy all the benefits of our Portal.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the Portal Account password that you use to access the Portal and for any activities or actions under your password.
- You agree not to disclose your Portal Account password to any third party. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your account and you will remain solely responsible for any activity occurring under your profile including any instruction regarding those accounts whether with or without your permission. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- We do not check the accuracy of the information you provide to us and we rely on you to ensure that the information you provide to us is up to date and accurate.
- By using the Portal, you represent that you are either the legal owner, or have the authority of same, of the data in the AWS Cost and Usage Reports.
- Your content and data used in the Portal is protected by highly available, encrypted, cloud-based infrastructure.
- You understand that your Cloud Provider are wholly responsible for accounts you hold with them and agree that there might be issues when accessing data from your Cloud Provider and with the data being accurate, timely or up to date. We are not responsible for the accuracy of that data, or any reliance placed on it in our provision of the Portal services.
Please Note: extended periods of inactivity on any Guest Account may result in account information stored in the Service being made unavailable. If you are a Guest user, we may cancel your Portal account after 3 months of inactivity.
3. Providing us with access to your AWS Cost and Usage Data
- By giving us explicit consent, you authorise us to retrieve such AWS Cost and Usage data, and to continue to do so at certain agreed times until you withdraw your consent. When providing access information, it is your responsibility to confirm all details are accurate as we cannot validate or check these.
- Once you have granted us access to your AWS Cost and Usage data and one or more AWS Account Numbers which you would like us to analyse usage for or manage, we will monitor and analyse your AWS Cost and Usage data using our data analysis tools and our business intelligence processes, this helps us to identify certain aspects of your usage activity and share them with you through the Portal
- The Data we collect and our reliance on it. The information we collect contains data on how much of each AWS service you use, the prices AWS applied to that service and details of any discounts applied to that usage. We are entirely reliant on the AWS Cost and Usage data which is made available to us to provide the data insights available through the Portal.
- Our Portal dashboard presents that data with various visuals to support trend analysis, show usage levels, costs, savings, changes across periods and to help identify further opportunity for optimisation and recommendations.
4. Use of our Portal and the information made available to you
- All information, content and material displayed on the Portal is provided for information only. You should not rely on information, content or materials made available through or on our Portal or the services as the sole basis for making a financial decision. Our Portal has not been developed to meet your individual needs.
- We only make available our Portal for your sole commercial use. You may not use our Portal or the services for any other commercial, business or resale purposes.
- You agree that we are not responsible or liable to you for: (a) any action (or inaction) resulting from use of or reliance on information, content and materials displayed on the Portal or our services (or any loss or damage you suffer as a result); (b) third party sites linked to or accessed from the Portal (or your use of, or reliance on, those sites or services).
5. How we keep in touch with you
Where specific notifications may impact your Service Plan decision making, we will notify you by e-mail and through your Strategic Blue Portal Account.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
- The Portal and its original content, features and functionality, including the underlying code, are and will remain the exclusive property of Strategic Blue and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United Kingdom and foreign countries.
- Strategic Blue grants you a revocable right to use the Portal for your internal business use only.
- You will not, nor allow third parties on your behalf, to (i) make and distribute copies of the Portal content or services; (ii) attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange or translate the Portal services; (iii) rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the Portal service; (v) permit the Service to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs.
- We may terminate or suspend your Portal Account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. We will usually let you know if this is happening and why but we can’t always do so.
- Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
- If we suspect unauthorised or fraudulent use of the Service, then we may suspend the Service. In this instance, we will try to contact you (normally by email) to let you know.
- All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Strategic Blue Ltd and its licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Service, by you or any person using your account and password, or b) a breach of these Terms or failure to comply with, the Terms or if we suffer any losses as a result of your use of the Portal.
- We do not warrant that a) the Portal will function uninterrupted or error-free, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Portal is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Portal will meet your requirements. We may suspend or withdraw, or restrict the availability of, all or any part of the Portal for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Your use of the Portal is at your sole risk. The Portal is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
- The Service may contain links to third-party websites, including those operated by service providers displayed in (or linked to from) our Service. These are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content or their privacy policies (if any). You need to make your own judgement on any such service, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through or from the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms.
10. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: (a) use of, or inability to use, the Portal; or (b) use of or reliance on any content, information or data displayed on the Portal. In particular, we will not be liable for: (i) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; (ii) business interruption; (iii) loss of anticipated savings; (iv) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or (v) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- These Terms are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have jurisdiction.
- Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms along with constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Portal. Failure by either you or us to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, but this will not reduce your rights or those obligations. You may not transfer your rights or obligations to another person.
12. Changes to our Portal and Terms
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms or any part of our Portal at any time for any reason without liability to you. We will always act fairly and reasonably when we make any changes to our terms. If a revision is material, as far as is possible we will provide notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion. In most cases any changes will be to improve the Portal we provide but they may also be changes required for legal reasons and changes where we remove certain functionality.
- We will inform you of a change either (i) through the Portal, when you next start the Portal, or use our Portal (ii) by e-mail. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be asked to read and accept them to continue your use of our Portal. By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you must stop using the service.